Cupcakes with Real Poop Appeal Are No April Fools Joke
Posted on March 31, 2017 in Humor
If you follow us online, you’re well aware of our mascot, Dookie — the magical, mystical unicorn that poops rainbow sorbet! Recently we discovered that other creative souls were picking up on the theme of edible unicorn poop and taking it in entirely new directions.
In honor of April Fool’s Day, Nadia Cakes — one of the nation’s premier cupcake shops and custom cake studios — created its very own Unicorn Poop and Unicorn Barf cupcakes. How awesome is that?! We applaud the creativity, design, and especially the attention to detail.
The Unicorn Poop cupcake is a magical cake that only hits Nadia’s menu once a year on April Fool’s Day. It’s a rainbow vanilla bean cake topped with vanilla icing grass and a fondant rainbow unicorn poopie.
Nadia’s full lineup of April Fools cupcakes includes:
- Popcorn Cupcake: A vanilla cake with vanilla frosting topped with mini marshmallows that look like popcorn.
- Ramen Noodles Cupcake: This one’s comprised of a lemon cake mix and topped with a traditional cream cheese frosting.
- Spaghetti & Meatballs Cupcake: A trick on the eyes! White cake with “spaghetti” frosting, a Ferrero Rocher “Meatball” and raspberry preserve “sauce.” Looks just like a plate of spaghetti Kitty Litter.
- Kitty Litter Cupcake: Speaking of Kitty Litter… this one’s a chocolate cake topped with vanilla bean frosting rolled in vanilla cake kitty litter crumbs and a chocolate poopie.
- Sunnyside Up Egg Cupcake: Butter beer cake topped with butter beer frosting and a butterscotch hard candy.
- Worms and Dirt: Chocolate cake topped with Oreo buttercream rolled in crushed Oreos and topped with a gummy worm.
- Unicorn Barf Cupcake: As if a Unicorn Poop cupcake isn’t enough, Nadia’s offer’s a barf version that’s a rainbow confetti cake topped with vanilla butter cream and white chocolate unicorn puke.
A third option is to bake your very own unicorn poop cupcakes for April Fool’s Day. You can find plenty of ideas on Pinterest. If you take that route, please post a photo of your creation to share with us and others on the Squatty Potty Facebook Page.
Happy April Fool’s Day from our family to yours!